MEET KENYON CLARKE
I lost my $120m business, my home, my cars and all my possessions 12 years ago when one of the world's most corrupt banks, “the Halifax Bank of Scotland” went bust. The phone stopped ringing and no one wanted to take my calls. My wife and I lived on government assistance, she washed her hair with soap and we ate 50 cent lunches.
I think about that journey from time to time and what it’s taken to build a $750m business since then…
- Channel anger so it propels you forward
- Be clear on what you want to achieve
- Be relentless!
- Move your time horizon to a decade not a year
- You must have indefatigable optimism
- Actively pursue knowledge
- Build a network that wants you to succeed
- Enjoy the journey and never conflate your net worth with your self worth
I’m made of iron and leather because I’ve built myself that way. You can too!
The spirit of entrepreneurship isn’t locked in a business school or the boardroom